Featured as BEST APP on Apple's Rewind 2009 list, ReelDirector is the first app to bring real video editing to mobile platform.
- [New] Import music from iPod music library.
- [New] Upload to YouTube within app
- [New] Fully supports HD video on iPhone 4
- [New] Supports iPhone 4 retina display
- Supports both iPhone and iPad.
- Import videos on iPhone 3G and iPod Touch with copy & paste.
- Add text overlay to each clip with different fonts and styles.
- Ken Burns of video clips (video zoom), rotate video.
- Import music files from computer and use as soundtracks.
- Add and stitch together clips, drag-and-drop to rearrange order.
- Add text watermarks of title, opening credits and closing credits with 8 styles and 9 positions to choose from.
- Put transitions between clips to smooth or blend the change from one scene to another. With 28 transitions to choose from, create professional looking videos with ease and fun.
- Add photos with Ken Burns effect.
- Record voiceover and mix soundtracks.
- Nondestructively trim imported clips; seamlessly split video into 2 or 3 clips.
- Share your movies by email or save to Camera Roll.
ReelDirector supports HD video with iOS 4.2 update.
ReelDirector imports videos from iPad's photo albums using API provided by Apple. Currently developers are not allowed to access Camera Connection Kit. According to iPad specs, the following video formats are supported:
- H.264 video up to 720p in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 640 by 480 pixels in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 1280 by 720 pixels in .avi and .mov file formats
As we have tested, AVCHD and HD video recorded with Flip are not supported.
Motion JPEG videos from some Panasonic cameras can be imported to and played on iPad, but the official API fails to load them.
If you are not sure whether your camera is supported, please send us a short clip, with the maker and model of your camera and we'll check for you.
We are working on to support more video formats, please stay tuned.
How to import videos to iPad:
Current version of ReelDirector doesn't yet support USB file sharing for videos. We plan to add this feature in a future update.
Apple doesn't allow developers to access the movie library (which is viewed in Videos app). Please sync videos to iPad's photo albums (which are viewed in Photos app) instead, and you'll be able to edit them in ReelDirector. To do so:
- Select the iPad in iTunes
- Go to Photos tab, check "Sync photos from", select the folder that contains the videos, and check "Include videos".
iPhone 4 Compatibility
ReelDirector 3.2 update fully supports import and output HD (720p) on iPhone 4!